Jeremy’s career spans over 30 years of continual employment in the sector. He is a Chartered Arboriculturist, holding Professional Membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters (the only Royal Chartered body for forestry and arboriculture in the UK ), The Arboricultural Association and Consulting Arborist Society.
For the last 12 years he has worked as a free-lance arboriculturist , consciously maintaining a small business profile where best placed to personally deliver high quality services direct to clients, including:- Tree Reports and Consultancy; Training & Education; CAD Drawing and GIS.
Jeremy entered the industry as a practitioner working hands on, ‘touching trees’ and subsequently supplementing this fundamental knowledge with formal college training and qualification. Having a practical background greatly informs the services provided: with the knowledge, experience and understanding of someone who has actually undertaken the job.
Jeremy is the former proprietor of a Midlands based Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor, and Technical Manager of a large utility arboriculture oriented company. He has had had significant involvement in the development and delivery of national training and assessment standards for utility arboriculture.
- The use and application of AutoCAD and ArcGIS products, including: providing site drawings to accompany tree surveys (particularly BS5837); designing custom tree data capture forms using ArcPad; and the management and manipulation of GISdata.
- Work as expert witness for HSE in chainsaw fatalities and regular contributor to their website and News Letter.
- Member of The Arboricultural Association’s Utility Arboriculture Group and Education and Training Committee; having input into many industry guidance publications and the content of educational standards.
- Provision of tree reports (tree condition surveys and trees in relation to development) for a wide range of commercial and public sector clients.
- Delivery of Utility Arboriculture training and assessment services.
- Work on the re-development and update of national training and assessment standards for sector lead bodies (Utility Arboriculture).
- Development and delivery of client specific training courses e.g. arboricultural awareness
- Peer reviewer for Arboricultural Association’s Industry Code of Practice: Tree Work at Height.
- Development and delivery of GIS based, asset management system for trees on highway estates and third party land, near to trunk roads and motorways.
Please also visit the portfolio section of this site for further information.